Carrots and lentils are tossed with simple spices to make this nutritious chaat which can also be served as a salad. You can eat large portions of this chaat without the fear of having to exercise for hours to burn out the extra calories!
1/2 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
1 cup grated carrots
2 tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp dried mango powder (amchur)
2 spring onions, chopped
1/4 cup chopped raw mango
2 tbsp mint leaves (phudina)
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
For the tempering
- Clean, wash and parboil the moong dal.
- Wash in cold water, drain and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients except those for the tempering in a large bowl and mix well.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida and pour over the prepared chaat.
- Mix well and serve chilled.
Recipe Source: Gajar aur Moong Dal ki Chaat