The combination of corn and cheese togeather makes it an excellent and appetizing starter. . . Ideal for all age groups. . . It is worth a try !
Makes 15 balls
2 tbsp butter
2 1/2 tbsp plain flour (maida)
1/2 cup warm milk
3/4 cup boiled and crushed sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/3 cup grated processed cheese
salt to taste
bread crumbs for coating
oil for deep-frying
To Be Mixed Into A Batter1 cup plain flour (maida)
3/4 cup water
For Servingtomato ketchup
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the flour and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Add the milk and allow to simmer till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and transfer to a plate.
- Add the corn,cheese, coriander, green chillies and salt. Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, mix well and divide the mixture into 15 equal portions and shape each into a round ball.
- Dip a few balls at a time in the flour-water mixture and roll them in the breadcrumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sdies.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls a few at time on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.