This unusual combination of green peas and mint may surprise you, but this is one of the most appreciated recipes that I make. And it is so easy to prepare too!! The wealth of this soup lies in the fibre-rich green peas which help to decrease blood cholesterol levels.
3/4 cup fresh green peas
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp oil
salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions for a few seconds.
- Add the garlic and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the peas along with 2 cups of water and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer till the peas are cooked.
- Cool and purée in a blender.
- Reheat, adjust the salt and add the pepper.
- Serve hot topped with the chopped mint and grated carrots.
Recipe Source: Green Peas and Mint Soup