Moong dal dhokla, this is my favourite recipe. . It is very easy to make and a perfect snack recipe. . . Serve with green chutney and relsih it. .
Makes 4 servings
For The Batter
3/4 cup soaked yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
3 green chillies
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp sugar
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
2 tbsp curds (dahi)
1 1/2 tsp fruit salt
For The Tempering
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1/2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
For The Garnish
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine the yellow moong dal and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to make a paste of pouring consistency.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the salt, sugar, asafoetida, oil, turmeric powder, besan and curds and mix well to make a batter.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle fruit salt and mix lightly.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhokalas are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the coriander and coconut evenly on top.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
Recipe Source: Moong Dal Dhokla