A nourishing soup that does wonders for the heart! it is also high in vitamin c, a powerful antioxidant that protects blood vessels from radical damage.
Makes 4 servings
1/4 cup yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
2 onions , cut into big pieces
2 potatoes , cut into big pieces
2 tbsp finely chopped cauliflower
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Clean and wash the moong dal and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and potatoes and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the moong dal and 4 cups of water and pressure cook for 6 to 8 whistles.
- Add the cauliflower and carrots and simmer till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the salt and pepper and simmer for another minute.
- Just before serving add the dill and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Source: One Meal Soup