You would surely have tried open sandwiches. What about an exceptional open burger? try this different recipe, and you are sure to fall in love with it. Instead of a cutlet, the spinach and corn open burger uses a rich filling of spinach and corn combined with cream and cheese.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Makes 8 open burgers
For The Filling
1 cup blanched and chopped spinach
1 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
1 tbsp butter
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
salt and freshly ground black peppercorns (kalimirch) to taste
1 tbsp cornflour dissolved in 1/4 cup water
1 tbsp fresh cream
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
4 burger buns
8 tsp soft butter
16 cucumber slices
8 tomatoes slices
8 sliced onions
8 tbsp grated processed cheese
1 tbsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
cheesy potato wafers / french fries / potato wedges
For the filling
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the green chillies and again sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
3. Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the corn, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
5. Add the salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the prepared cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously
7. Add the fresh cream and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
How to proceed
1. Cut each burger bun horizontally into two, butter each burger bun half using ½ tsp of butter and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle).
2. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the other side and cook them till brown spots appear.
3. Place both the bun halves on a clean, dry surface with the inner side facing upwards.
4. Put ¼ cup of the filling on each bun half and place 2 cucumber slices, 1 tomato slices, and 1 onion slice over it.
5. Sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese and a little chilli flakes over each bun half.
6. Place both the open burgers on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
7. Repeat the step 3 to 6 to make 6 more open burgers
8. Serve immediately with cheesy potato chips/ french fries/ potato wedges.
Spinach and Corn Open Burger