An assortment of vegetables in luxurious white gravy -- an unbeatable recipe from the punjabi khazana!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes 4 servings
1/2 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
1 cup boiled mixed vegetables
(carrots , french beans , cauliflower and green peas)
2 tbsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
1 tbsp broken cashewnuts (kaju)
2 tbsp oil
4 cloves (laung / lavang)
1 1/4 cups milk
2 tbsp fresh cream
salt to taste
a pinch of garam masala
To Be Ground To A Smooth Onion Paste (using A Little Water)
1/2 cup roughly chopped onions
2 green chillies , roughly chopped
12 mm (1/2") piece of ginger (adrak)
3 garlic (lehsun) cloves
1. Combine the poppy seeds, cashewnuts and ¼ cup of milk in a big bowl, mix well and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Once soaked, blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, add the milk, mix well and keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the cloves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the onion paste and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the mixed vegetables and paneer pieces and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Meanwhile combine the poppy seed paste with the remaining 1 cup of milk, mix well and add it to the vegetables.
7. Add the salt, mix well add the fresh cream and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Add the garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
9. Serve hot.
Paneer and Vegetable in Khus Khus gravy