These cute pinwheels make a nice snack for your little one when he is hungry or just in the mood to nibble on something. You can replace the carrot and celery with other grated veggies, grated apple etc. It is filling and nutritious too.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Makes 12 pinwheels
1 cup grated carrot
1/4 cup cheese spread
2 tsp finely chopped celery
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
6 fresh bread slices
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the bread slices, and mix well.
2. Divide this topping into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
3. Trim the edges of each of the bread slice and roll them out thinly using a rolling pin.
4. Place a rolled bread slice on a dry, flat surface and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
5. Carefully lift one end of the bread slice and roll it up tightly till the other end to make a roll.
6. Repeat the steps 4 and 5 to make 5 more pinwheels.
7. Cut each pinwheel into 2 equal portions diagonally. Serve immediately.
1. Use only fresh bread slices or else they break while rolling. However if the bread slice is a little stale, steam it for a while before rolling them.