Makes 4 servings
2 whole dry kashmiri red chillies , broken
3 garlic (lehsun) cloves
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions whites
1/2 cup shredded cabbage
3/4 cup thinly sliced red capsicum
finely chopped spring onion greens
1 tsp lemon juice
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
- Put 3 ½ cups of water to boil.
- Soak the red chillies in ½ cup of hot water for some time. Drain and discard the water. Add the garlic and pound them into a smooth paste using a mortar and pestle. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a wok, add the red chillies and garlic paste and stir-fry for half a minute.
- Add the spring onion whites, cabbage and red capsicum and sauté for a 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of hot water, spring onion greens, lemon juice, sugar and salt and bring to boil.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: Cabbage and Capsicum Stir-fry Soup by Tarla Dalal
Post a Comment