A soup for the sophisticated.
Serves 6 to 8.
1 recipe Basic Brown Stock
1 tbsp butter
100 gms grated processed cheese
bread toast piece
salt to taste
- Slice the onions very finely. Deep fry them in ghee to a golden brown colour.
- Warm the butter in vessel and add the clear part of the brown stock.
- Add 2 to 3 teacups of water to the remaining part of the stock. Leave for 10 minutes and add again the top clear part of the stock to the soup.
- Add the onions and salt and half of the grated cheese. Boil the soup for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Apply butter to the pieces of toast and sprinkle cheese on them.
How to serve
- In each cup, put 1 piece of toast, pour the hot soup, sprinkle a little cheese and serve.
- If desired, add a poached egg to each cup before serving.
Recipe Source: French Onion Soup
Post a Comment