Minty mango delight, an innovative variant of the traditional kairi ka panha or kairi ka pani, this refreshing drink is the best way to beat the heat after a long day. You can make the syrup of cooked mangoes, sugar and mint in advance and store it. Combine the syrup and chilled water just before serving.
Makes 4 glasses
- Combine 1/2 cup of water and sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sugar dissolves completely, while stirring continuously.
- Add the raw mangoes and cook on a medium flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, till the mangoes are tender, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside to cool.
- Combine the cooked mangoes and mints leaves and blend in a mixer till the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the mint leaves, 1/2 cup of crushed ice, 1 cup of chilled water and blend well using a hand blender.
- For serving, place 2 tbsp of crushed ice in 4 individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the drink over it.
- Serve chilled topped with 1 tbsp of crushed ice in each glass.
Recipe Source: Minty Mango Delight by Tarla Dalal