Oats is not just for porridge! why not make a delicious and nutritious toast by combining oats and moong with lots of perky coriander? make sure you make these just before serving, to prevent them from turning soggy.
Soaking time: 1 to 2 hours
Makes 4 toasts
For The Topping1/2 cup green moong dal (split green gram) , soaked and drained
1 1/2 cups roughly chopped coriander (dhania)
1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 pinches sugar
salt to taste
Other Ingredients4 whole wheat bread slices
1 1/2 tsp olive oil for brushing and cooking
For the topping
- Combine all ingredients with little water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and divide it into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Brush 1/8 tsp of oil on one side of each bread slice.
- Place each bread slice on a flat surface, with the brushed side facing downwards and spread a portion of the topping evenly over it.
- Place each open sandwich on a non-stick tava (griddle) with the prepared topping side facing downwards and cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till the topping turns golden brown in colour.
- Turn over and cook on the other side till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Cut each toast into 4 equal triangles and serve immediately.