Whether kids, teens or adults, almost everybody loves chocolate, and hence this mousse too! the luscious dark chocolate and the contrasting whipped cream together make it a temptation hard to resist. What is more, this mousse is also one of the easiest to prepare. Just make sure that you use the right dark chocolate to ensure the best taste and colour. As far as possible, try not to store the chocolate in the fridge; else, bring it to room temperature before using in this recipe. Serve chilled with an elegant garnish of whipped cream.
Setting Time: 1 to 2 hours
Makes 4 servings
1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1 3/4 cups whipped cream
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp honey
For The Garnish grated chocolate
Handy tip :
- Combine the chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ¾ cup whipped cream in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Add the chocolate–milk mixture and fold gently.
- Add the vanilla essence and honey and fold gently.
- Pour equal quantities of the mixture into 4 individual bowls/glasses and refrigerate for atleast 1 to 2 hours or till the mousse sets.
- Top each bowl/glass with ¼ cup of whipped cream and garnish with chocolate and serve chilled.
Handy tip :
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
- Rich mint chocolate mousse
- At step 5, instead of vanilla essence, add 2 tsp of peppermint essence, mix well and proceed as per the recipe.
Recipe Source : Chocolate Mousse by Tarla Dalal