A real hit at all occasions. The lemon and coriander sauce when combined with broccoli and paneer is an irresistible combination. The grated lemon rind adds bursts of lemon flavour as you dig into this sumptuous dish.
Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets (parboiled)
1 cup paneer (cottage cheese) , cut into 25 mm. (1") thick strips
2 kashmiri red chillies , broken into pieces
2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 cup chinese white sauce
1 tsp oil
salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the red chillies, broccoli florets and salt and sauté for a few seconds over a high flame.
- Add the chinese white sauce, paneer, coriander and salt and cook for some more time.
- Add some water, if required, to adjust consistency.
- Take the pan off the heat, add the lemon rind and serve immediately.
- While grating the lemon rind, be careful not to grate the white pith, as it imparts a bitter flavour to the dish.
RECIPE SOURCE : Broccoli and Paneer in Lemon Coriander Sauce by Tarla Dalal