Potato rosti, perfect recipe with a combination of crispiness, creamyness and a tint of spiciess. Serve it as soon as it is made to enjoy it the most with sour cream.
Makes 2 servings
3 cups parboiled , peeled and coarsely grated
potatoes, refer handy tip
salt to taste
3 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
- Combine the potatoes, salt and 2½ tsp green of chillies, mix gently with the help of two forks. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ tsp of green chillies and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese evenly on all the onions and spread the prepared potato mixture evenly over it.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Loosen the sides of the rosti with the help of a knife, place a plate inverted on the non-stick pan and turn the pan to invert the rosti on the palte.
- Serve immediately with sour cream.
- Parboiled potatoes for this recipe should be 90% cooked.
Recipe Source : Potato Rosti by Tarla Dalal