Hope you enjoy the video. Please leave your comments on YOUTUBE.
Masoor dal curry soup, there is nothing more soothing than a bowl of this protein-rich curry soup on a cold day. Paneer and dal provide the necessary nutrients like protein and calcium required to be physically active. Cooked rice add good mouth feel. Add lemon juice just before serving, to relish its fresh taste and flavour.Add your private note
Makes 4 servings
Show me for servings
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1/2 tsp chilli powder (optional)
3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
4 tbsp masoor dal (split red lentil)
salt to taste
For The Garnish
1/4 cup cooked rice (chawal)
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few more minutes
- Add the masoor dal and tomatoes and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, mix well and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add 2½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Pass the mixture through a sieve, transfer to a pan and boil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with rice and lemon wedges.
Energy Protein Carbohydrates Fat Calcium Folic acid
123 calories 5.1 gm 12.6 gm 5.8 gm 125.5 mg 13.4 mcg